Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Todd and I hosted Thanksgiving this year and I think overall, it was successful!!! The Hensley's stayed with us this year, so this is the kids starting out the morning with a little play dough. I think this kept them entertained for a while, but then moved on to other creative projects while my parents, myself and Todd prepared the meal. Everyone did a little here and there, so the day ended up not feeling rushed. Below is a picture of the table!! Dad made Todd and me a table out of his wood from a couple of winters ago. The table itself is absolutely beautiful. I didn't want to cover it up, so I used a runner and some flowers to decorate it.
This year we used the same brine as last year, but instead of a simple butter to baste in, we used an herb butter and stuffed the turkey with herbs. It was quite yummy if I say so myself.
Once the kids had eaten all together, I think they got to watch a movie while the adults ate. It was a very nice set up!!
Zoe had been feeling a little under the weather so I wasn't pushing the pacifier rules. We normally just have paci's in bed, but as you can tell, that didn't happen.
The last night we were all together, we celebrated Todd's 31st birthday! This is a picture of Todd and Zoe blowing out his candle's. I thought it was quite cute.
Overall the week was pretty successfully. I think we could have all used a little bit more sleep, but oh well. We'll work on that this week.

2 comments:

buddy said...

Great pics! Great Thanksgiving!

Pop

Anonymous said...

who is that big grown up child????